WEDDINGS KINGDOM NEWS

Houston Wedding News

Wedding Flowers

The bride could not see after being poisoned by wedding flowers

lifestyle

October 12, 2020, 6:23 p.m.

Christine Jo Miller’s wedding day didn’t go quite as planned. Photo / Getty Images

The last thing to think about when it comes to your wedding bouquet is if it accidentally blinds you.

But one U.S. woman, Christine Jo Miller, says she did things differently after the wildflowers she picked for her 2017 wedding anniversary caused a toxic reaction, according to Sun.

Miller stated in a series of TikTok videos that she thought it was romantic to wear the snow-on-the-mountain flowers that grow next to the Nebraska house she bought with her husband.

Before the wedding, she gathered piles of flowers without realizing that they cause toxic reactions similar to poison ivy’s.

And the night before the wedding, Miller spent the evening with her bridesmaids, arranging the flowers with baby’s breath and roses.

But she woke up on the wedding day with a face covered in a rash from the sap.

She posted a photo of herself lying on the floor and wrote, “I was starting to feel sick and feverish from the pain.”

“So I did the pickle trick and slept while doing my hair.”

But when she removed the cucumber from her eyes, Miller was horrified to find that she had lost her eyesight because her face was so puffy.

She spent most of the reception hiding under a table so she wouldn't have to dance.  Photo / suppliedShe spent most of the reception hiding under a table so she wouldn’t have to dance. Photo / supplied

She was rushed to the nearest emergency room at 11:30 a.m., but it wasn’t open because the wedding was on Labor Day weekend.

But the bride didn’t want to let the allergic reaction ruin her wedding day and managed to walk down the aisle anyway.

“I didn’t die so I thought I just had to suck it up. I tried putting on makeup – was in too much pain so I slept until my mom said it was time to put my dress on,” she said .

And she said even though she couldn’t keep her eyes open, it hurt to close them too.

After she finally got her dress on, she forgot about her heels, which meant that her train picked up “every single branch, leaf, and piece of dirt” during her outdoor ceremony.

But once they took their vows, Miller was taken to a nearby hospital for pain medication, eye drops, and a steroid shot.

Miller woke up with her eyes so bloated that she couldn't see.  Photo / suppliedMiller woke up with her eyes so bloated that she couldn’t see. Photo / supplied

Meanwhile, her new husband, Jon, ran to a nearby destination to get her comfortable clothes to change into.

Miller revealed that they didn’t want to do a first dance until they were received “because I didn’t want to be the center of attention out of embarrassment”.

And when a wedding guest tried to make her dance, the bride cried out in pain and spent the rest of the day hiding under a table to avoid paying attention.

But while their day didn’t go quite as planned, the bride and groom had to eat pizza in their hotel room for the rest of their evening – not a bad way to end the day.

Miller’s swelling subsided a week later, and the photographer arranged a surprise wedding reception for the couple.

It turns out your wedding day doesn’t have to go perfectly to start your married life – the couple have been married for eight years now.

LEAVE A RESPONSE

Your email address will not be published.